Thursday, 29 March 2012

Love and War, Chapter 8

Chapter 8 Polly stood there, feeling all alone the next Monday at school, she hadn't heard from her mum since Friday and she really longed to talk to Matt again, but they had been in no contact either. She wanted to tell him about their child, but she didn't want him to lose focuss of the war, right now he was fighting for his country, for Polly, he didn't need to be fighting for his baby as well. "You know Polly you really got to cheer up." Jess said as she stood next to Polly, everything about Polly had been so upsetting since Matt left, and it was just getting worse by the minute. "I know I do, but I have no reason to, my boyfriend is off at war, my mum is filming the war and wont talk to me and I'm pregnant with a baby I don't want and have to keep. I see no reason to cheer up about any of that." Jess decided to swoop in and try and save the day as usual. "Look Polly, you really can't complain there are people alot worse off then you who don't complain, you may think that your life is horrible and it won't ever be good again, but that is not the case. Soon your mother will be back and talking to you again, and you will have the baby and put it up for adoption and then Matt will return home after the war, you will live your life normal again." Polly looked down, why did Jess have to be so right? "You're right, it's just..." "It's just nothing Polly, now hurry up, we will be late for class if we don't start walking now." And so Polly started walking, she spent the rest of the day walking and talking and being her old self again. Just for them six hours she forgot about Matt,her mum and the baby and focussed on friends and school work. Just for that moment life seemed a little more perfect, but it wouldn't last long...

No comments:

Post a Comment