Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Love and War, Chapter 7

Chapter 7 Polly stood there, key in her hand, bag behind her back. This was it, the moment to she would see her mother face to face, by the way she was on the phone, Polly knew that this wasn't going to be a pleasant chat. Slowly Polly opened the door, she was shaking, she knew that her mothers reaction would be bad, but how bad? "Mum..." The house was dark and silent, it felt like a house in a horror movie, but was in fact the very home she had lived in since she was seven. "Mum, are you home...?" Polly turned on a light and seen her mother, bags packed. Oh no she was kicking her out. "You're kicking me out aren't you?" Polly studded the bags closely well she waited for her mother to reply. "Nope, I'm leaving. That documentury is about the war and I have to leave for there tonight." Rosies face was sour and bitter, Polly had never seen her mother quite like this before. "Don't you want to talk about the baby?" "Nope, there is nothing to talk about, you think your mature enough to sleep with someone unprotected then your mature enough to live alone for the next three months pregnant." Rosies face stayed serious. "Mum, I want an abortion, I don't want this baby." Rosie gasped, in shock with what her daughter just said, how could she say that? "You will do no such thing, if you don't want the child then you put them up for adoption, you however will never be allowed to end the life of an innocent baby." Polly looked down, she could feel tears starting, the coldness in her mothers voice was scary and unfamilar to Polly. "Mum, this is my baby and my choice. I don't want to go through life with a child, or the next six or so months pregnant." Rosie couldn't believe any of this, she needed to sit down but knew she couldn't, how could her daughter want to end a life? "You're three months now Polly, maybe even more, that child is now three months into it's growing stages, it had a heart now. You will not be getting an abortion and that is final!!!" Polly started to get a little mad at well, how dare her mother make such life changing choices for her, it wasn't her life and she had no right. "But mum..." "NO BUTS POLLY. I have to leave for the airport now and if when I return in three months you have had an abortion then I will disown you as my daughter, and don't test me." With that Rosie picked up her bags and left, no good bye, no I love you, just "I will disown you as my daughter."

No comments:

Post a Comment